Every year James and I come up with a new way to ask for your support. This year our ask is simple-ish, we ask that you take care of yourself and give if you can.
- Every 23 minutes a Canadian is diagnosed with a blood cancer
- Leukemia & Lymphoma are the most commonly diagnosed childhood cancer, but also diagnosed highly in young adults, adults and seniors. It shows no mercy
- There is a 25% drop in cancer diagnosis
- A 5% increase in later stage diagnosis
- People are not prioritizing their medical appointments and paying attention to seemingly minor symptoms (extreme fatigue, easy bruising, swollen lymph nodes etc).
- The consequence is later-stage diagnosis. This accompanied with disruptions to research, new drugs and clinical trials is accounting for a predicted 20% increase in cancer related deaths in the next decade.