FOR INFORMATION ON UPCOMING FUNDRAISING EVENTS SCROLL DOWN
Jaime Moar is one of the best things to happen to blood cancers.
Bold, but true. And that's because Jaime is one of those unicorns of a human being who makes everything she touches better and I don't see why cancer research would be any different.
Jaime has been nominated for "Visionary of the Year” by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC).
VISIONARY: one having unusual foresight and imagination.
...they might as well put a picture of Jaime next to the definition (do they do that anymore?).
Jaime lives a life where she dares to imagine a better, more beautiful world for herself and for others and works tirelessly in doing her part to see it happen. Struggles, setbacks, disappointments - she takes them in stride and doesn't hide the hard parts, but rather shares them with vulnerability and insight.
She is a beacon of joy and hope in our community (and far beyond) and I count myself extremely fortunate to have crossed paths with her in this lifetime and to call her a dear friend.
Part of Jaime’s nomination from LLSC involves an exciting and HUGE fundraising undertaking and I am so proud to be one of her team members to directly support her in her fundraising efforts.
Starting March 23, 2023, our team will embark on an intense 10-week fundraising competition between philanthropic leaders in communities across Canada. Funds raised help to:
- propel critical research
- provide services to those affected by blood cancers
- advance advocacy efforts for people with blood cancer and their families
Each dollar raised from March 23 to June 1 equals one vote for our team.
The candidate who, alongside their team, raises the most funds will win the prestigious title of “Visionary of the Year” 2023. Last year’s winners raised more than $100,000 each!
Aside from donating, you can help in other ways like spreading the word! Share my candidate page link with friends, family and colleagues who would also like to help end blood cancers and support the blood cancer community. Donating is fast, easy, and yes, tax deductible.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you at any (or all!) of the upcoming events for the cause!
UPCOMING FUNDRAISING EVENTS
Upcoming and ongoing fundraising events and initiatives:
- MAY 6 | Let's Dance! in Sutton · An evening of dance performances and DJ, organized by local fitness and dance instructor Sarah Holmes. For more information and to sign up click HERE.
- ONGOING | Bird Watching Walks with me! · Every weekend from now until the last weekend of May there will be birdwatching walks. Participate and donate $50 or more and you are entered into a draw for some cool Nature Nerd prizes. For more information or to sign up, click HERE.
- ONGOING | Virgin Hill's J'AIME Coffee Blend · Available for purchase at Virgin Hill - delicious coffee for a bloody good cause.
There are multiple other local businesses who have generously offered to participate in the fundraising - stay tuned!
For more information on the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada, you can visit www.bloodcancers.ca